Thank you for choosing to be part of our community at Unix Solutions ("Company","we", "us", "our). Your privacy is important to Unix Solutions. If you have any questions or concerns about this privacy notice, or our practices with regards to your personal information, please contact us at [email protected].
Table of Content:
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Personal information you disclose to us
We may collect the following information that you voluntarily provide to use, such as when you make a purchase, register for an account, posting reviews or enter a competition or promotion. This may include:
- Your name;
- Your contact details including your email address, delivery address, phone number and social media handles;
- Demographic Information such as postcode, preferences, and interests;
- Financial information including credit card and payment details; and
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete, and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
Financial Information that is collected via the website is used by Unix Solutions to bill you for products and services. Any financial information that is collected is for the purpose of transaction and funds transfer. The financial information we collect from you is kept securely and held on secure servers in controlled facilities.
Information that we collect from your use of our Website
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use, or navigate the Website.
This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
Like many businesses, we also collect information through cookies and similar technologies.
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOLD
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the below scenarios:
- To process your transaction and deliver products to you;
- For internal record keeping;
- To improve our products and services;
- For warranty extension, replacement or repairs on our products;
- unless you ask us not to, we may send promotional material, from time to time, to any contact details you provide to us, about our new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting;
- to contact you via email, SMS, phone, or mail for market research purposes, from time to time; and
- to customise the website according to your interests.
We will only use your personal information as reasonably necessary for the above purposes, unless we have your permission or are required by law to otherwise handle your information (such as to respond to an emergency). Unix Solutions Pty Ltd may disclose your personal information for the above purposes in the following people, entities and situations:
- Business Transfers: We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company;
- Affiliates: We may share your information with our affiliates, in which case we will require those affiliates to honour this privacy notice. Affiliates include our parent company and any subsidiaries, joint venture partners or other companies that we control or that are under common control with us;
- Business Partners: We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services or promotions;
- Professional service providers, such as marketing agencies, advertising partners websites hosts and 3rd party platform providers, who help us to run our business;
- Companies involved in running our loyalty program (if you participate in the program); and/or
- Law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies or anybody required by law.
We require these organisations to be bound by appropriate confidentiality obligations and take reasonable steps to ensure that they are aware of their privacy obligations with respect to the protection of your information.
The Unix Solutions Website may contain links to the sites of third parties. These third parties are not under the control of Unix Solutions Pty Ltd. Please ensure you visit the privacy policies of those third party websites to learn of their policy on how they handle your personal information.
A cookie is a small data file transferred to your device that recognises and identifies your device and allows your device to ‘remember’ information from our website for future use.
As you navigate through our Website, some information can be collected without you actively providing the information), for example location data, certain characteristics of, and performance data about your device, carrier/operating system including device and connection type and IP address. Unless you have selected to remain anonymous through your device and/or web browser, the above-mentioned information may be collected and used by use through your use of our website.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the Website.
THIRD PARTY ANALYTICS
HOW YOU CAN CONTROL YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You are entitled to have access to any of your personal information that Unix Solutions Pty Ltd holds about you by contacting us. You may amend, correct, or update this personal information at any time by:
- Signing into your account,updating your personal information; or
- E-mailing at [email protected]
We will only disclose personal data to the individual who registered his/her personal data with our website, and only after confirming the identity of the registered party.
If you wish like to unsubscribe from direct marketing communication, you can:
- Locate and click on the unsubscribe link in each promotional emails and we will remove you from the mailing listing; or
- Login and visit your ‘My Account’ and untick the ‘Newsletter Subscription’.
If you have any concerns or questions about your personal data, you can contact us at [email protected].
We are committed to protect and ensure your information is secure. These measures include, but are not limited to passwords, firewalls, and other standardised industry practices. However, no method of transmission over the internet, or electronic storage, is 100% secure and we cannot be held liable for any loss you may suffer for unauthorised access or loss of any data provided to our website. In addition, our staff and related personnel are only permitted to access information necessary for their duties.